When waves and wind roughen the surface on wide-open lakes, it’s hard to beat a Deep V aluminum boat. These lightweight rigs are equally at home in shallow water, too, making Deep Vs the ideal choice for anglers seeking versatility and value in a boat.
Deep Vs are also favored by families who want a smooth, dry ride, plenty of storage space and spacious seating for a day of cruising or watersports fun.
Is it possible to combine the demands of anglers and the needs of families in the same boat? You bet! The TRACKER Targa V-19 series of Deep Vs can do it all with reliability, functionality and performance in a value-packed price.
To take on the chop and larger swells, TRACKER Deep V fishing boats feature steep sides and wide, heavy-duty, all-aluminum transoms. The extra-wide bottom and tall sides also translate into a deep, roomy interior where anglers and boaters of all ages can feel more comfortable fishing in, rather than on, the boat. They are built tough to last, too, with extra thick .125" marine-grade 5052 aluminum hulls and an aggressive 35° bow deadrise to carve through the chop.
The result is a boat that is ready to slice through waves, producing a smoother, drier ride, while also providing a solid, stable platform at rest or full throttle for cruising or watersports.
The Targa V-19 comes in Combo and WT models—both of which are also available with a Tournament Edition upgrade option for serious fishing. The Combo is a bit more family friendly, while the WT leans more toward straight-up fishing. You can add the optional Tournament Edition if your fishing game is on the serious side.
Check out how the models match up to decide which is the best for your boating needs.
The V-19 Combo and WT are factory outfitted with the best balance of value and performance accessories. You get peace of mind knowing the boat is already rigged and ready to enjoy. You also get a lot of standard features, some of which might be options on other brands.
The Combo and WT share these standard features:
- Center rod organizer with dual, 8' rod storage and rubberized grip panels
- Lighted bow 19-gallon and lighted aft 48-gallon aerated, recirculated livewells with integrated baitwell and pump-out systems
- Fixed-position driver seat, as well as 6 pedestal seat base locations with 3 movable, 360°-swiveling/locking/folding seats with power adjust, air-ride pedestals
- Below-console and forward-console storage compartments
- VERSATRACK accessory-mounting channel in gunnels
- Exclusive Diamond Coat™ finish with powdercoat and clearcoat protection for long-lasting good looks
- Factory rigged with a Mercury outboard and Minn Kota trolling motor
- Custom-matched trailer with GALVASHIELD Impact corrosion and chip protection
You can store rods in one compartment and water skis in the other, or two tournament partners can keep rods separated. The livewells are tournament grade with a bait bucket built into the rear well. Add the factory-rigged outboard and trolling motor, and you get a boat outfitted with everything you need to compete in tournaments. You can also customize the boat by adding optional attachments to the VERSATRACK mounting system.
ABOUT THE BOAT
Combine a serious multispecies fishing rig with a Deep V runabout-style boat and you get the family friendly V-19 Combo. Fish in the morning, ski in the afternoon. You can do both on the same day aboard a boat that aims to please everyone.
The V-19 is well appointed for family watersports fun with a removable ski tow pylon, and you can easily convert the dual 8' rod compartments into storage for water skis. A wraparound, walk-thru windshield protects passengers from the wind and spray. Removable seat cushions add comfort to the standard padded backrests at the bow. An AM/FM Bluetooth-enabled stereo adds a nice touch so everyone can play their favorite tunes.
When it’s time for fishing, the V-19 delivers with a factory-outfitted Minn Kota trolling motor. Mounted at the console is a Lowrance HOOK2 7 Combo fishfinder with TripleShot and GPS. The three folding seats can be moved to any of six seat base locations to give everyone plenty of room. Long runs are more comfortable with the air ride pedestal seat bases. A flip-up aft fishing deck extension adds more casting room up front.
WHAT MAKES IT STAND OUT
The V-19 Combo is an ideal choice for a budget-conscious family looking for great value in the price. What are optional features on other boats in this class probably come standard with the V-19 Combo.
ABOUT THE BOAT
The V-19 leans more toward fishing, be that competing in a major walleye tournament or going out and catching a mess of crappie for dinner. What the Combo offers in family-friendly amenities, the WT substitutes with fishing features.
Mounted at the console is a Lowrance HOOK2 7 Combo fishfinder with TripleShot and GPS. Also standard is a three-bank battery charger with four battery trays (three Interstate batteries included) to keep fishfinders and other electronics running for long days on the water.
WHAT MAKES IT STAND OUT
A tough aluminum Deep V built for taking on the chop and larger swells when the competition day calls for venturing into wide-open waters. Great value for the price and a boat laid out with plenty of space for customizing with the options best suited for the angler.
ABOUT THE BOAT
The Combo and WT are available in a Tournament Edition, a package of accessories specifically chosen to up the game of a multispecies tournament angler. The perfect combination of electronics and trolling motor power are geared to make you more competitive. Here is what you get with the package.
Minn Kota Terrova 80-pound thrust, 60" shaft, foot-control trolling motor w/i-Pilot ($1,899 value)
- Stow/deploy lever – Press this lever on the mount to effortlessly slide the trolling motor in and out of the water.
- i-Pilot GPS trolling system – GPS automatically controls the trolling motor to stay on the fish.
- Spot-Lock with Jog – Keeps the boat in place without touching the trolling motor. You can fight a fish or rig back up without drifting away from the spot.
- AutoPilot – Point the boat in any direction and the trolling motor maintains that heading automatically, even correcting for wind, waves and current.
- Universal Sonar 2 – Keeps transducer and wiring completely concealed and protected, running everything through the trolling motor's shaft, with shielded connectors.
- Heel-toe electric foot pedal – Stow, deploy and adjust the trim, all from the foot pedal.
Bow and Console Humminbird HELIX 7 DI G2N fishfinder w/GPS ($599.99 value for each unit)
- Vivid, 7" display for high-definition viewing.
- MEGA Down Imaging for unprecedented clarity down to 125' below the boat.
- Dual Spectrum CHIRP for well-defined fish arches and a clear view of structure and the bottom.
- Low Q CHIRP transducer with wide mode for maximum coverage and narrower for the most detail.
- SwitchFire Sonar dual display modes for customizing the display.
- Built-in Humminbird Basemap of charts and maps of more than 10,000 lakes.
Upgraded trailer with custom aluminum wheels, matching custom aluminum spare and 13" radial tires
Diamond Coat TRACKER Black or TRACKER White gunnels and hull sides with Starlite Gray bottom
WHAT MAKES IT STAND OUT
You get the most bang for the buck with a package of the latest and most advanced accessories without having to decide which are best for the boat.
THE BOTTOM LINE
You can’t go wrong with any of these models because all are loaded with features for fishing and playing. If you need help deciding, friendly help awaits you at Bass Pro Shops/Cabela’s Boating Centers. You will never be rushed to make a decision. In fact, getting to know you as a friend is the first step. Then you can see and learn about the features, advantages and benefits of the boat that fits your needs. Friendly advice and understanding how you envision your perfect day on the water is the goal.